Friday 2 December 2011

Winter warmer for blog birthday

Well that is a year of Morgithology blog posting - 150 posts in 365 days ain't bad. The blog has not quite ended up doing what I orginally intended. Even the casual reader may have noted that there isn't much about the ecology of Lothian. Instead random musings on the identification of poorly photographed gulls. Well, if you are one of the few reading this then you must like it - or maybe you followed a bad link... Either way, since the weather has turned decidedly chilly over the last few days here are some pics of Provencal birds, photographed in the sweltering heat of Mediterranean July: Great Spotted Cuckoo, Bee-eater, Alpine Swift and Roller. Don't worry, I am keeping true to form - none is in focus...




2 comments:

Stuart said...

Congratulations on the anniversary! My criteria for photographs is:- identifiable? Nice series of "exotics". I particularly like the Alpine Swift which is one of my favourite birds. Amazingly, I did the classic fieldguide thing when I saw my first one by shouting Hobby!

Morg said...

Thanks PBW - think my criteria sink below yours from time to time! I am also a big fan of Alpine Swifts - spectacular birds and often in spectacular surroundings. I photographed that one at the Pont du Gard - a stunning location.

Geoff